Direct School Admission
Zhenghua Secondary School invites promising Primary 6 students with strong leadership qualities and/or outstanding contributions to their Uniformed Groups, Sports CCAs or schools to participate in the school’s 2019 Direct School Admission (DSA) exercise for admission to the 2020 Secondary One intake.
Zhenghua Secondary School has established itself as a school of choice in the Bukit Panjang neighbourhood. The school, known for its positive and disciplined learning environment, develops its students through a broad range of holistic programmes anchored on character and leadership development. We envision every student in the school to be a Principled and Future-Ready Leader and provide ample opportunities for our students to develop their leadership competencies and take on leadership roles.
DSA Admission Criteria
We are looking for promising Primary Six students who exhibit all or some of the following qualities to join the school:
- Possesses strong leadership qualities
- Holds a leadership position in a uniformed group, CCA or in the primary school (e.g. prefect, class monitor, Sports Leader)
- Excels in a particular talent
- Has obtained good academic results
- Of exemplary conduct
- From 2019, application for DSA-Sec can be submitted through the online DSA-Sec Portal. The application is free-of-charge and will be open from 8 May to 4 Jun 2019. For more details, please refer to MOE website – www.moe.gov.sg/admissions/direct-admissions/dsa-sec.
- Students currently not studying in MOE schools (i.e. non-mainstream school candidates and Returning Singaporeans) are required to obtain a Registration Number from MOE Customer Service Centre
- International Students are to pass the Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS) if they have not done so.
- The Application Timeline for 2019 is as follows:
|Jan to May||Explore school choices|
|8 May to 4 Jun, 3pm||Apply online through the DSA-Sec portal|
|1 Jul to 30 Aug||School-based interview for shortlisted applicants and trials, if necessary|
|30 Aug||All applicants will receive a reply from the school on the outcome of their application informing them if:
(i) they have been given a Confirmed Offer (CO)
(ii) they are placed on the Waiting List (WL)
(iii) the school is unable to offer them a place.
|End Oct||Students studying in MOE schools, with a Confirmed Offer or on Waiting List, will be issued with School Preference Form (by their respective primary schools). Those not studying in MOE schools are to collect their School Preference Forms from MOE Customer Service Centre.
|End Oct||School Preference Form to be submitted physically at respective primary schools or online via the DSA-Sec Portal.
*Note that you will not be allowed to submit, amend or withdraw after the school Preference Submission ends.
|Late Nov 2019||Release of DSA-Sec Results through Primary Schools together with PSLE results|
- Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
- For enquiries and clarifications, please contact our Administration Manager, Mdm Aminah Bte Saad at 6763 9455.