Direct School Admission
Zhenghua Secondary School invites promising Primary 6 students with strong leadership qualities and/or outstanding contributions to their Uniformed Groups, Sports CCAs, Performing Arts CCA or schools to participate in the school’s 2020 Direct School Admission (DSA) exercise for admission to the 2021 Secondary One intake.
Zhenghua Secondary School has established itself as a school of choice in the Bukit Panjang neighbourhood. The school, known for its positive and disciplined learning environment, develops its students through a broad range of holistic programmes anchored on character and leadership development. We envision every student in the school to be a Principled and Future-Ready Leader and provide ample opportunities for our students to develop their leadership competencies and take on leadership roles through CCA and other school signature programmes. Students joining us through DSA will have the opportunity to further develop their talent areas under the guidance of our dedicated teachers and instructors, and enjoy the camaraderie of committed peers. Prospective students can also look forward to representing the school in competitions, performances and overseas trips.
DSA-Sec talent areas offered
We are looking for promising Primary Six students who exhibit all or some of the following qualities to join the school:
- Possesses strong leadership qualities
- Holds a leadership position in a uniformed group, CCA or in the primary school (e.g. prefect, class monitor, Sports Leader)
- Excels in a particular talent (See talent areas below)
- Of exemplary conduct
|DSA Main Category||DSA Talent Area||Nature|
|Leadership and Uniformed Groups||Leadership||Boys, Girls|
|Performing Arts||Band - Concert||Boys, Girls|
|Performing Arts||Choir||Boys, Girls|
|Performing Arts||Dance - Malay||Boys, Girls|
|Performing Arts||Dance - Modern/Contemporary||Boys, Girls|
|Performing Arts||Drama - English||Boys, Girls|
|Performing Arts||Ensemble - Handbell/Handchime||Boys, Girls|
|Performing Arts||Ensemble - Percussion||Boys, Girls|
|Sports and Games||Basketball||Boys|
|Sports and Games||Football||Boys|
|Sports and Games||Netball||Girls|
|Sports and Games||Volleyball||Boys, Girls|
1. From 2020, application for DSA-Sec can be submitted through the online DSA-Sec Portal. The application is free-of-charge and will be open from 12 May to 5 Jun 2020. For more details, please refer to MOE website – moe.gov.sg/admissions/dsa-sec.
2. Students currently not studying in MOE schools (i.e. non-mainstream school candidates and Returning Singaporeans) are required to apply for a Registration Number before they can apply through the DSA-Sec Portal. Details can be found at: https://go.gov.sg/nmsdsa-sec-application.
3. All international students are to take part in and fulfil the requirements of the Admissions Exercise for International Students (AEIS) before they can be considered for admission to secondary school via DSA-Sec.
4. The Application Timeline for 2020 is as follows:
|Jan to May||Explore school choices|
|12 May to 5 Jun, 3pm||Apply online through the DSA-Sec portal|
|1 Jul to 14 Sep||Interview via video-conferencing for shortlisted applicants and a 1-2 min performance task during the interview, if necessary|
|By 14 Sept||All applicants will receive a reply from the school on the outcome of their application informing them if:
(i) they have been given a Confirmed Offer (CO)
(ii) they are placed on the Waiting List (WL)
(iii) the school is unable to offer them a place.
|Oct||Students studying in MOE schools, with a Confirmed Offer or on Waiting List, will receive notification on the School Preference Submission.|
|26 Oct to 30 Oct||School Preference Form to be submitted online via the DSA-Sec Portal.
*Approach your child’s primary school for assistance if you are unable to submit online.
|Between 25 and 27 Nov 2020 (Tentative date)||Release of DSA-Sec Results through Primary Schools together with PSLE results|
5. Parents and students are encouraged to choose schools wisely based on the student’s aptitudes and strengths, bearing in mind the schools’ academic and non-academic requirements, and the programmes available to develop the area of talent.
6. Students who are successfully admitted to the school via DSA are expected to honour their commitment to the school, and participate in the activities related to the talent they are selected for from year 1-4.
7. For enquiries and clarifications, please contact our Administration Manager, Mdm Tan Siew Siew at 6763 9455.